Theo Walcott reveals the new position he will love to play in

– Theo Walcott has given up hope of playing centrally for Arsenal 

– Forward tells Arsene Wenger that he wants to play on the right 

– The Englishman has Alexis Sanchez, Alex Iwobi for competition 

Theo Walcott given up hopes of playing centrally for Arsenal after telling Arsene Wenger he wants to be considered as a right winger.

Walcott
Theo Walcott

The 27-year-old has in the past insisted his desire to become a centre forward for the Gunners but the forward how now resigned his fate to playing on the wings. 


It seems the choice of decision comes as Arsenal are looking to sign Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette who is a centre-forward. “I want to make my position on the right – that’s where I know where I am now. I’ve told the manager that I want to be known for playing on the right again, although I can play up front,” Walcott said. 

“I want to know where I want to play. 

The manager has said I can play up front. It depends on what game it is. I know I can do a job up front as well as on the right.” The Englishman who has been at Arsenal since he was 16 years old after joining from Southampton has scored 85 goals in 334 appearances for the Emirates stadium outfit.

Comments

Popular Posts